The 2015 Grand National Sweepstakes is now online! We have two different Sweepstake kits for you to choose from, the first kit is provided by the official race sponsors Crabbie’s and the ‘Alternative’ kit is provided by Racing-Index.com. You can download the using the buttons below.
Alternative Sweepstake Kit
How It Works…
You’ll need to get out there and grab yourself 40 or so friends, family or work colleagues. You might even have to rope in a few people from the Warehouse or IT support. It doesn’t matter if you don’t particularly get on, in fact it’s better if you don’t as it’ll make winning money off them even sweeter.
Here’s how it’s done…
- Simply print off these two sheets you downloaded.
- Cut out the horses’ names on the boxes. Probably best to do this at home or else some jobsworth in HR might get you to fill-in a risk assessment form.
- Put these bits of paper in a container (one that’s not full of Guinness)
- Let your friends, office colleagues, family members or drinking buddies pick one each
- Then write the name of the person beside their assigned horse
- Throw some money in the pot and that goes to the winner. Maybe pocket a few quid yourself, after all you did organise the thing.
It’s important that you sell all the horses in the box and you may need to twist arms to get rid of them all depending on the size of your office! Once you’ve got rid of all the horses you can sit back and enjoy the race. You can divide up the prize money anyway you like, just make people aware of the prizes before you sell them a horses name.
We suggest a good way to split the prize money is 50% for the person with the winning horse, 25% for the second place, 15% for 3rd place and 10% for 4th place e.g. 40 horses at £2 each = £ 80. Prize money is 1st place £40, 2nd place £20, 3rd place £12 and 4th place £8.
You could also decide to donate a portion of the money raised to a local charity or good cause. The Injured Jockeys Fund would be a great charity to choose.